The Different Collective
Cannabis Microscopy Workshop - Nanaimo 10th August
Join us on the 10th August for a full day of hands-on learning with The Different Collective founder Thomas Rothmeier and Francis Hall
You will complete the "101 Cannabis Microscopy" workshop and earn a certificate upon successful completion.
The course involves a deep dive into cannabis trichomes - what they are, the different types and their importance in evaluating plant quality. You will learn how different microscopes are used in different ways and how to observe and identify undesirables that may be present in cannabis - from bugs to mould.
The workshop consists of theory and practical elements, where you will have ample opportunity to get hands-on with a provided microscope. Learn how to dissect and observe cannabis in a way that reveals the plants story.
- Understand the function and form of cannabis trichomes
- Understand the different types of microscopes and their use in evaluating cannabis at different stages of the life cycle
- Learn how to evaluate cannabis quality by closely observing trichomes
- Learn the anatomy of a single dissected cannabis flower
- Successfully grade cannabis samples (provided) and match the instructors grading
What to Bring
- Your own cannabis if you would like the chance to evaluate it under the microscope (optional)
- Laptop or smartphone to access the exam component
- A keen & curious mind
Location: VIU Campus, Nanaimo (details provided after order)
Date: Wednesday 10th August